Get All the Help You Need to Succeed
MSE’s No. 1 goal is to help you succeed. Here you will find information about academic advisers, degree plans, course registration, policies and procedures, and tutoring.
MSE undergraduate advisers assist students with questions about what classes to take, when to take them and how to pass them.
Professor Pierre Lucas
Associate Professor Krishna Muralidharan
Professor David Poirier
Seniors & Transfer Students
Degree Plans, Policies and Procedures
- The advised course sequence for a BS in materials science and engineering is available through the College of Engineering’s four-year degree plans.
- See MSE Degrees for prerequisite charts, lists of approved technical electives and transfer requirements.
- The College of Engineering’s Policies and Procedures addresses common academic questions, such as how to establish advanced standing or prepare your final degree audit.
- Declare or change your major by following these instructions from the college.
- UA Engineering Academic Advising provides contact information for all college undergraduate advisers.
Tutoring and Study Groups
Whether vector calculus is harder than you thought it would be, or you’re just stuck on a Physics 141 problem, the College of Engineering’s tutoring and study groups can help. With weekly sessions, all-day study-a-thons, test reviews and even prep sessions for finals, these services help you make the grade.